We are looking for team members who are excited about delivering radically supportive and culturally competent entrepreneurship training, financial coaching, technical assistance, and microlending products and services in Detroit, Hamtramck, and Highland Park.
As we work towards our mission, the ProsperUs team believes in:
- Disrupting systems to advance racial, social, and economic equity
- Striving for excellence as we serve the community
- Being radically supportive and helpful
- Embracing an entrepreneurial approach to implementing solutions
- Building connection and trust
- Embracing learning and continuous improvement
As a financial coach at ProsperUs, you will approach the work with an eagerness to support small businesses and entrepreneurs of color at a community development financial institution (CDFI) working in low- to moderate-income communities. Each day, you will coach entrepreneurs and business owners to take power over their personal budgets, debt, credit, savings, and household financial goals. Working closely with your team, you will identify solutions to bolster relationships with entrepreneurs and enhance financial coaching programming consistent with the organization’s mission. You are great at educating an audience, building relationships one-on-one, and writing concise communications. We are excited to welcome team members who are focused on intersectional equity in the context of entrepreneurship in Detroit, Hamtramck, and Highland Park.